French doors will make a stylish addition to every home. Mais oui… typically opening on to a balcony or garden, this traditional glazing option will add a real sense of style and sophistication from years gone by with its classical appearance. It will also benefit your home in all the ways you’d hope for from a modern glazing product.
What are French doors?
French doors are a pair of doors that give a homeowner access to their outdoor areas… for example, a balcony, patio or garden. French doors are occasionally called French windows, as they serve as both window and door. Their typical floor to ceiling panes of glass allow you to attractively fill your rooms with copious natural light, whilst giving you convenient access to the fresh outdoors.
French doors are perfect for those looking to capitalise on a number of important benefits
As a house-proud individual, the appearance of your home is important. But that’s not to say you want to forgo utility, either. With French doors, you’ll have a glazing product that combines both form and function, notably improving your overall quality of life. With French doors, you’ll:
- Encourage better home ventilation, as you’ll be able to throw those doors open on stuffy, humid days.
- Increase the amount of natural light in your home, with their large panes of glass letting the sunshine in throughout the daylight hours.
- Enjoy views of your garden from the comfort of home on cooler autumn or winter days.
- Complement the décor of your interiors and exteriors, as French doors come in a wide range of materials, styles, colours and finishes, all of which Merton Windows is proud to offer.
- Improve the security standards of your property, with uPVC French doors being strengthened with galvanised steel reinforcements.